Welcome from the Headteacher
It gives me great pleasure on behalf of all the staff, pupils and governors to welcome you to our wonderful school.
We are a warm and welcoming one-form entry primary school, located on the unique and picturesque Shoreham Beach peninsula, between Brighton and Worthing. Our school building sits two minutes’ walk from a nature reserve beach and we aim to provide learning experiences that are fun, rewarding and memorable.
Everyone is committed to high expectations and aspirations – we want all learners to believe in themselves and reach their full potential.
Everything we do is underpinned by creativity and imagination. All of our pupils are positive and proud of their achievements.
Everyone feels safe, included and valued. Relationships are based on honesty, trust and respect.
At Shoreham Beach Primary there is a passion for learning – every opportunity is seized. Everybody succeeds, everybody matters. No one gets left behind.
We are very proud of our school.
Key priorities for this academic year
- Development of subject leaders at all levels
- Embedding the curriculum so that every child can develop as a critical thinker
- Ensuring the impact of reciprocal reading on the quality of writing
- Introduce a metacognitive approach to the teaching of maths
- Developing the early years environment
- Skilling up staff in using metacognition and self-regulation approaches to teaching
Darren Vallier (Headteacher)