Welcome from the Headteacher
It gives me great pleasure on behalf of all the staff, pupils and governors to welcome you to our wonderful school.
We are a warm and welcoming one-form entry primary school, located on the unique and picturesque Shoreham Beach peninsula, between Brighton and Worthing. Our school building sits two minutes’ walk from a nature reserve beach and we aim to provide learning experiences that are fun, rewarding and memorable.
Having high expectations isn't a skill, it is an attitude. Everyone is committed to high expectations and aspirations – we want all learners to believe in themselves and become critical thinkers.
Everyone feels safe, included and valued. Relationships are based on honesty, trust and respect. All of our pupils are positive and proud of their achievements.
At Shoreham Beach Primary there is a passion and love for learning. Our curriculum is bespoke and ambitious for all. Everybody succeeds, everybody matters. No one gets left behind.
We are very proud of our school.
Key priorities for this academic year
- Developing subject leaders
- Embedding the curriculum so that every child can develop as a critical thinker
- Ensuring the impact of reciprocal reading on the quality of writing
- Further develop our metacognitive approach to the teaching of maths
- Developing the early years environment
- Skilling up staff in using metacognition and self-regulation approaches to teaching
Darren Vallier (Headteacher)